Sunday, September 16, 2007

A New Year!

Some people measure their years starting in January. I am not one of them. My year starts at the end of August and ends at the end of May. June to August is just my own personal recess. To put it simply it is my play time. But that time is over. My year has begun. I am teaching two new kindergarten classes. I have a total of 45 students. And they have a lot of energy. My students this year are so different this year than last, but at the same time they are the same. I do enjoy comparing and contrasting this years collection of students with last years. So, after over 3 weeks of school I have seen plenty of similarities and differences.

Along with that, my students from last year drop by my classroom or see me in the halls frequently. Both them and myself are so excited to see each other. I love it when they give me hugs or just want me to see them and say hello. With how difficult the new year can be with kindergarten, that definately brightens my day....every day!

3 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Yea for a new year and finally another post! Kids have a way of brightening your days as much as they also have a knack for sucking the life out of you. Lucky kids to have such a fun teacher with as much energy as they have. Hope you have a great year Tessa!

Harward Happenings said...

Hope you have another great year! The kids are lucky to have you for a teacher. I have a new blog now harwardfamily.blogspot.com. Post again soon!!

shawna said...

congrats on a new year! I would have loved to have you as my kindergarten teacher. And my teachers were really good!

glad to see you have re-entered the blogging world! cya soon!