Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beginning of the Summer

My SUMMER began with an incredible trip to Lake Powell with my family! (ALL 19 of us!). It was wonderful. To have a family that gets along so well that we can hang out on a houseboat for 5 days (without any escapes) and still not want to go home. I feel totally blessed! During this trip we enjoyed tubing, wake boarding, skiing, hiking, pirate treasure hunts, wake skating, hiking and much more. It was an adventure!

When we got back from Powell, I packed up and began moving. To my much disappointment I had to move to my brothers house until I get back from Taiwan and then I get to move it all over again to my new house where I will be living with Carlye (my sister) and Michelle. Lucky me!

The following Monday I began my Dual Immersion conferences. They lasted for almost two weeks. That is a lot of Chinese all at once! It was very overwhelming and frustrating and an acknowledgement of the amount of work this next year will require. I should have been practicing my Chinese for the last 5 years, but lets be honest...I'm LAZY! Now I get to pay for it. YAY!

I have to say that through these conferences I have met some great people, felt inspired and learned a lot. I am excited for this coming school year! I get to leave for Taiwan tomorrow for three weeks and I am really hoping that it will help my Chinese improve to a level I find acceptable. So, I will write soon, but it will be coming from Taiwan!

No comments: