Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have arrived!

So, I was sitting on the plane thinking, what if my bus doesn't pick me up...what will I do? I got totally anxious, but let me tell you that everything worked out great! I got picked up from the airport, drove only an hour to Miao Li (where I will be staying for the most part), and arrived at my friends house. I have to say that the Qiu Family are some of the greatest people I know! With all my anxiety about being in Taiwan again, they made me right at home.

I got into Miao Li around 7:30 and then went with Sister Qiu to a Melaluaca introductory meeting (all day). Random right, but they had some pretty cool products...I used there shampoo last night and my hair is super soft...I think it's a keeper. We returned around 8:00PM and I had dinner, showered and went over to the church to see two of my greatest friends...Jia Pei and Xiao Yen! I was super tired, so I didn't stay long, but we planned to see each other today!

Everything was going so well until I woke up at 12:00AM and started puking and having the runs. Definitely not my favorite....it lasted until 6:30 (and I think it only stopped because I finally told the Qiu family and they gave me some medicine. I have slept most of the day today with out a problem. I can't believe I got sick, but hopefully today will be the last of it and I can start working on my Chinese tomorrow. We'll see! I'll write again soon. Love you all. Tessa

2 comments:

Renee said...

Jared had the same thing yesterday! I thought it was food poisoning. CRAZY! Glad you got there okay. Have fun!

Carlye said...

Uh oh, Jared and Kiss had it! What an awkward beginning. I am so sorry. But I am glad to hear that you made it. I was actually worried. Hence, the text and email I sent you. But you probably don't get text.

I just hope that I don't get the flu too. I have spent a bunch time with Jared's family.