Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Final Blog From Taiwan





You know, it is crazy...I have already been in Taiwan 3 weeks. It went so fast and I don't think I am ready to go home. I need another couple months. Don't get me wrong there are some things I do miss...American bathrooms, soft beds, not sweating all day long, my family...but when I am in America there are things I miss about Taiwan...the people, the food, how green it is... It seems odd to love two places so much, but I do. Too bad they are so far apart.

Lots of good things have happened while I have been here. I have been able to reconnect with people I love, I have been able to go to the temple twice, I have been able to eat some amazing food (which of course caused me to gain weight...oops!), I've seen new places in Taiwan, and revisited places I already knew I loved. I've met husbands, and babies and fiances and new friends. I even went on a date. It was fun, and he was nice guy. I even made a bet since I've been here. Really not all that surprising for those who know me, but this bet has nothing to do with exercise or food. I made a bet with one of my new members that who ever got married first me or her, the other one would have to attend the temple ceremony. Yep, I might be returning to Taiwan sooner than expected...well unless I win, then she gets to come visit me. That would be even better. I will certainly miss this place. It is my home. Well, one of my homes!

Here are some pictures from the last few days!

Me and Xiao Yen on a scooter - the only way to get around!
The Qiu Family (the family I am stay with)
Me and Mei Zhun!
Me and my Companion Sister Liang (and Liangs baby) and Zhang Jing Jie
Me and Zhen Yi and Gao Fang Zi and a wind park on the ocean!
Me with Wu You's parents! She makes the best shui jiaos!

Me and my date!
Me and one angry god.
Me and Liao Shu Hui.
So, there are some pictures of some great people. I am glad they are a part of my life. So, long...from Taiwan!

1 comment:

shu-hui said...

Hey, Dear Tessa:
I'm so happy to hear that love Taiwan so much. I uploaded all of our photos on my facebook, lots of friends of mine love u so much and I hope u like that photos, too.
shu-hui