Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Beginning

I am now settled into my new house, I taught summer school in Chinese for two weeks, had a week to get my room in order and prepared for the start of school, and now it will all begin. I start school tomorrow. I have so many feelings going through me, BUT I know it will all be okay. I know this is the right decision and that although I need to work hard this year to make sure my Chinese is perfect and students learn the concepts, it will be worth it. The two weeks of summer school were an adventure, but they really helped me prepare for tomorrow. Tomorrow, it is tomorrow, it all starts tomorrow. I've had 4 months to prepare for tomorrow. I knew it was coming. I thought I knew what to expect, but I am still nervous. I know how to teach, but Chinese. Really? What have I gotten myself into? I honestly have no idea...but I know it is right, so I will do it and I will do it with a smile! Pray for me!

2 comments:

Emma W. said...

So how was the students?
Do they like Chinese?haha!
Don't worry!just try your best,you know that heavenly father will help you :D

Jenny Dahl said...

love that you stepped out of your comfort zone to take on this challenge. Your students will love you like they always do-English or Chinese, won't matter a lick. Good luck!