Sunday, August 22, 2010

CHANGE


Change can happen without even knowing it, and sometimes it takes a lot of thought and then a final decision. It seems like I have made a lot of the later types changes in the last few months...new job, moving, new ward,...but when I went to my 10 year high school reunion it seems like over the past ten years there have been some gradual changes too. People didn't recognize me. At first I was a little offended, but then I realized I look different then they remember me. Let's see, when I was in high school I had blond short hair, now I have long brown hair and with an added bonus I have bangs. I had one person come up to me and say "When you're just sitting here I didn't recognize you, but then when you started talking and smiling I knew it was the same old Tessa." So there you have it, I have changed in many ways but not all ways...I'm still me!

The reunion was great! At first I was a little scared and didn't really want to go, but after being there a little while I realized I wasn't the quiet, reserved, intimidated girl I was in High School, and I started talking to everyone. It was great to talk to people and see what they are up to. I graduated with some amazing people. To say the least I came home from the reunion refreshed and renewed. I am so glad I went.

No comments: