Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life is Busy!

Before....


After...

Last weekend Jenny, Carlye and I trekked our way up to Idaho for the SPUDMAN TRIATHLON! Yes this is the triathlon I did not train for. It was an olympic too...1 mile swim, 26 mile bike and 6 miles run. I'm not sure what I was thinking, well except that I was the one that convinced Jenny and Carlye to do it, so I couldn't really back out...to say the least, I finished. Without training I beat my goal time and should be happy with that...but I am not and I want to do it again next year with training. Let's see what happens! And just to let you know we had the best living accommodations. My good friends the Harman's invited us to stay with them, and they definitely treated us well...beds, food, good company... it was wonderful. A great big thanks to them! Here are some more pictures to show the fun we had!





On another note, I haven't even been back from Taiwan for 2 weeks and I feel like I need another vacation. I am now completely moved into my new house. Of course I am just renting because I am too afraid of the responsibility that goes with owning. I also started teaching last week. I am doing two weeks of summer school with the Chinese dual immersion students at my new school. This week was second graders and I am exhausted. It is Saturday at 1:1 PM and I still haven't gotten anything done. I just want to relax...and I had so many plans for today....:( But I do enjoy it and next week I have 1st grade (the actually students I will be teaching), so I am kind of excited!

1 comment:

Carlye said...

I am so glad you posted the pics! I haven't gotten around to it yet. But I will some day. And by the way, if you forgot I told you so... you did fabulous at the tri. I especially liked you yelling at Jenny. wink wink