Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am turning 25!

























My year in review using pictures!
I have always thought that birthdays are an exciting time in a person's life and I think I still do but not so much in mine. I love to help celebrate my friends and family's birthdays, but when it comes to my own I think it is silly to make a big deal about it.

On the other hand, I realize this week that I am not old or young. I mean my Nanna that is in her 70's would definitely say that I am young, but my niece McKenna would say that I was old. She actually called me an adult while I was playing with her one day. She was the first person to ever say that to me. It took me a little off guard. I have never considered myself an adult. Really I have only been me. I don't' know what qualifies a person as an adult, but I don't think I meet those qualifications. I am turning 25 years old. That is a quarter of a century old... may even a 1/3 of my life has been lived, but does that make me an adult. I don't think so! I think adulthood is experience. I don't have enough experiences to fall back on to regard myself as more than a person between childhood and adulthood. I have much more to do and a whole lot more to learn before I can be put in the same category as all of the adults that I know.

All I know is that I am excited to be turning 25. I am excited because although I lack in experience, between last year and the coming year I have and will gain experience (not much, but a little). Last year I was able to learn a lot about myself and love myself. To be honest I think I have potential to be pretty great! I love my life. I love my job. I love where I live. I love my family (wish I could see all of them more frequently). I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I believe that I am one of the most blessed people in the entire world. No joke! In this coming year I hope to gain more experiences through travel, fun, study and what ever else comes my way. Life can be a pretty amazing thing if that is what you are after!


2 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

A great birthday tribute Tessa. I would agree with Nanna that 25 sounds young. Not sure when one crosses the line of being classified as an adult but it comes fast so watch out. So while the rest of us fall vicitim to being boring old adults, I'm are glad you staying beautifully young and seeking for those precious experiences which make life so grand! Here's to loving yourself a little more this year, to traveling around the world, (and back to Missouri) to learning many more exciting things this year and experiencing all that life throws in your direction. Happy 25th Birthday Tessa!

Renee said...

Love the pics! I agree a great birthday tribute. Hope all your birthday wishes came true. Happy 25th!