Sunday, July 18, 2010

I promised some pictures, so here they come...

A beautiful lake in Hua Lien!

The girl who took me to Hua Lien. Actually, here is a cool story... When I was a missionary here, she was one of the investigators that got baptized. Well she is marrying the son of a couple of investigators my mission president baptized 30 years ago. Kind of cool how things can interconnect!
So there are rock beaches rather than sandy beaches. Kind of fun, but more difficult to play on. Plus there is no swimming in the ocean here. Taiwanese people are typically very afraid of the water.
Ok, so anyone who knows me, knows some day I will have a mini cooper, but I just wanted to give everyone a look at the car that started this fascination, and it is a ton cheaper...too bad they don't sell this car in the states:( I love this car!
This is what a city in Taiwan looks like. This isn't even a big city, it is just a small to middle sized one. The roads are small and there are tons of people everywhere.
So, those are some pictures, I hope you enjoy! This place is wonderful. The heat is still hard to get used to, but the people make it worth it. They are so nice. The Chinese is coming, not as quickly as I would like, but faster than it should be.

I might not be able to write again until Thursday night, so don't get worried, I am just traveling to another city for a couple days to see some more friends. Love you.

1 comment:

Carlye said...

hey Hey. Have fun lil' sis!!! Kiss said she would pick you up Sunday. She just needs details. I am leaving Wed. I will try to check email. Love ya!