Saturday, July 17, 2010

On Vacation

Coming to Taiwan is a vacation in and of itself, but to tell you the truth...last week I went on 2 more vacations. I went down to southern Taiwan and visited an old mission companion. It was fun, but much to the distress of my older sister I did not use the internet. I am sorry Carlye:( I am back for today and tomorrow, but then I am going on another two vacations!

The other place I went was Hua Lian. I have been told since my mission that it is the prettiest part of Taiwan. I might agree. Yesterday we went to the ocean, and then a river and lastly to a lake up in the mountains. It seriously is beautiful! Last night I went to a traditional aboriginal dance. It amazes me that no matter where I am in the world, the aboriginese of that area reflect the aboriginese I have seen in every other part of the world. I love it. And get this, I got up and danced with them.

Being in Taiwan changes me. It is crazy. When I come here I revert back to patterns I had as a missionary. For example Taiwanese are much more touchy than I am, but I know when I am here I will not go anywhere without holding a friends hand or arm. At first I am unaccustomed to it, but then it becomes natural again. I love being here and becoming the person I do when I am here. I am such a better person in every way while I am around these people.

Tomorrow I will add some great pictures, until then, Tessa.

Oh, and Carlye I fly in on Monday July 26th around 7PM I think. I'm not sure about the time. I will see if someone else can pick me up. No problem.

1 comment:

Carlye said...

phew!! You are alive!!! That is great you are having such an amazinng time. I hope it continues! If you want I can find someone to pick you up. I will be coming back from a visit to Nanna and Grandpa. It's her birthday next week! Keep posting as much as possible. I am not the only one check your blog, everyone in the family is checking!
Talk soon. And let me know if you want me to find someone to pick you up? I am pretty sure we could get Kisss.

love ya toots.