Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Back Again!


Have I stated how wonderful Taiwanese people are. If not, they are. They are some of the greatest people I have ever met. I come to Taiwan, they let me stay in their house, they give me a cell phone to use while I am here, they feed me, make sure I always have something to do, they help me with my mandarin and they simply take care of me. They are wonderful!

I have been here almost a week and guess who came to speak at a fireside? President Uchtdorf! Crazy right, the first week I am in Taiwan and a general authority comes to speak. I think that is kind of awesome. He spoke so fast I think the translators tongue must have gotten tired. There were times he didn't even wait for the translator to finish. It was great! He said one thing that I really agree with...when you return to your mission it feels like you are returning home. As I have been walking around I have been thinking the same thing. When I am in Taiwan I don't feel like I am in a foreign country. I feel like I am home...it is just a different home. So, I have two homes!


I also got to go to the temple on Saturday and walk around TaiPei. I ran into one of my old companions and now I am going to go stay with her for a couple of days starting tomorrow. This has been a great start to my vacation....


1 comment:

Carlye said...

This is so fun to follow your adventures in Taiwan. Love you.
P.S. jen and I did the tri on Saturday. It was fun but tough, we have no idea how hard the olympic is going to be. Fun, eh!?
love you sis!

ps. why don't you check your email? Or Facebook?